- English Equivalents of Foreign First Names : Download a datafile that allows you to cross-reference English given first names to their Slovak, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian or Yiddish equivalents.
- Language Dictionaries and Translators. Links to online dictionaries in about 200 languages.
- Google Translate. Google's free service instantly translates words, phrases, and web pages between English and over 100 other languages.
- Microsoft Translator. Free translation service for online automatic translation of text and web pages.
- Majstro. A multilingual translation dictionary. Over 40 languages supported.
- Afrikaans Words. This page provides the names of volunteers who are prepared to translate Afrikaans words into English. There is also a glossary of commonly used Afrikaans words in genealogy publications and there English meaning, and a summary of legal terms used in official sources.
- Afrikaans Genealogical Word List. This list contains Afrikaans words with their English translations. The words included here are those that you are likely to find in genealogical sources.
- Leo. German to English and English to German Dictionary.
- Old German Occupations. Names of old German occupation, their modern German equivalent and English translation.
- German Occupation Definitions - English Translations. Nearly 1,500 occupations and occupational terms in German, with English translations. Also included are common occupational prefixes and suffixes in German.
- QuickDic. This is the site where you can translate words and idioms from English to German and vice versa.
- Germany Letter-Writing Guide : This guide is for researchers who do not speak German but must write to Germany, Austria, or parts of Switzerland to request genealogical records. It includes a list of sentences you would use in a letter about genealogical records and a German translation of these sentences.
- Latin Genealogical Word List. Through the continuing influence of Roman civilization and the use of Latin by the Catholic Church many genealogical resources are written in Latin.
- Latin Genealogical Word List. Translation in English of common Latin words found in genealogy documents.
- Latin-English Dictionary Program - Words. Download a free Latin dictionary program for your PC or MAC. Inputing any Latin word returns the morphology, dictionary form, and meaning. Imputing English returns corresponding Latin.
- Norwegian - English Dictionary: Focuses on words genealogists can not find in regular Norwegian - English dictionaries. These words are often related to agriculture or are words that have not been used in Norway for a long time.
- Polish Genealogical Word List. This list contains Polish words with their English translations. The words included here are those that you are likely to find in genealogical sources.
- Dictionary of the Scots Language. The Dictionary of the Scots Language (DSL) comprises electronic editions of the two major historical dictionaries of the Scots language: the 12-volume Dictionary of the Older Scottish Tongue (DOST) and the 10-volume Scottish National Dictionary (SND).
- Online Scots Dictionary : Translate from Scots to English and from English to Scots!
- Spanish Genealogical Word List. This list contains Spanish words with their English translations. The words included here are those that you are likely to find in genealogical sources.
- Spanish Letter-Writing Guide. This guide is for researchers who do not speak Spanish but must write to Spain, or Latin American countries to request genealogical records. It includes a list of sentences you would use in a letter about genealogical records and a Spanish translation of these sentences.
- Geiriadur : Welsh-English / English-Welsh On-line Dictionary.