Also Visit Acadian Genealogy Records Online|
Books in English
Books in French
- A history of Nova Scotia, or Acadie. Online edition of this book by Beamish Murdoch published in 1865 : Volume 1 - Volume 2 - Volume 3.
- Acadia. A lost chapter in American history : Free online edition of this book by Philip Henry Smith published in 1884.
- Acadia : missing links of a lost chapter in American history. Free online edition of this book by Édouard Richard published in 1895. Volume 1 - Volume 2.
- The Rivals of Acadia: An Old Story of the New World : Free online edition of this book by Harriet Vaughan Cheney published in Boston in 1827.
- The history of Acadia, from its first discovery to its surrender to England : Free online edition of this book by James Hannay published in 1879.
- The Quebec and Acadian diaspora in North America. Free online edition of this book by Raymond Breton and Pierre Savard, published by the Multicultural History Society of Ontario, 1982.
- The Acadian exiles : a chronicle of the land of Evangeline. Free online edition of this book by Arthur George Doughty published in 1916.
- An historical sketch of the Acadians. Their deportation and wanderings, together with a consideration of the historical basis for Longfellow's poem Evangeline; with extracts from the original documents bearing upon the subject, and illustrations of scenes in and around Grand-Pré and Annapolis, Nova Scotia, the land of Evangeline. Digitized edition of this book by George Potter Bible published in Philadelphia in 1906.
- The neutral French, or, The exiles of Nova Scotia. Digitized edition of this book by Catherine Read Williams published in 1841.
- Over the border : Acadia, the home of "Evangeline". Digitized edition of this book by Eliza Brown Chase published in 1884.
- Through Evangeline's country. Digitized edition of this book by Jeannette A. Grant published in 1894.
- The History of Grand-Pré : the home of Longfellow's Evangeline. Digitized edition of this book by John Frederic Herbin published in 1911.
- Louisbourg : From its Foundation to its Fall, 1713-1758. Digitized edition of this book by John Stewart McLennan published in 1918.
- Acadie and the Acadians. Digitized edition of this book by David Luther Roth published in New York in 1891.
- History of the county of Annapolis, Nova Scotia : including Old Port Royal & Acadia. Digitized edition of this book by W. A. Calnek published in 1897.
- New England's outpost : Acadia before the conquest of Canada. Digitized edition of this book by John Bartlet Brebner published in 1927.
- The Acadian exiles, or French neutrals, in Pennsylvania. To which is appended A relation of their misfortunes. Digitized edition of this work by William Bradford Reed and John Baptiste Galerm published in Philadelphia in 1858.
- Pioneers of France in the New World. Digitized edition of this book by Francis Parkman published in 1867. The book has two sections : Huguenots in Florida, followed by Champlain and his Associates, covering the early history of New France, particularly Acadia and Quebec.
- Collections of the Nova Scotia Historical Society, Volume 1 (1878). This volume includes : History of St. Paul's Church (Halifax), by Rev. George W. Hill, D.C.L. (p. 35); Nicholson's Journal of the Capture of Annapolis in 1710 (p. 59); An Account of Nova Scotia in 1744 (p. 105); Papers relating to Trials for Treason in 1776-7 (p. 110); Thomas's Diary of the expedition of 1755 against the Acadians (p. 119).
- Collections of the Nova Scotia Historical Society, Volume 2 (1881). This volume includes : Proposals for attacks on Nova Scotia 1776-7 (p. 11); The First Council (p. 17); Journal of Witherspoon (p. 31); History of St. Paul's Church (p. 63); Memoir of the Rev. James Murdoch (p. 100); Memoir of Sir Alexander Croke (p. 110); Papers Relating to the Acadian French (p. 129).
- Collections of the Nova Scotia Historical Society, Volume 3 (1882-83). This volume includes : History of St. Paul's Church, by Rev. George W. Hill, D. C. L (p. 13); Winslow's Journal of the Expulsion of the Acadians in 1755 (p. 71); Government House, by Hon. A. G. Archibald, Lieut.-Governor (p 197).
- Collections of the Nova Scotia Historical Society, Volume 4 (1884), Volume 5 (1886-87), Volume 6 (1887-88). Volume 4 includes : Biographical Sketch of Hon. Samuel Vetch and Papers connected with the administration of Mr. Vetch, 1710-13 (p. 11); Journal of Colonel John Winslow (p. 113); The Province Building (p. 247). Volume 5 includes : The Expulsion of the Acadians (p. 11); Gordon's Journal of Siege of Louisbourg, 1758 (p. 98). Volume 6 includes : The Acadian Boundary Disputes and the Ashburton Treaty (p. 17); The Loyalists at Shelburne (p. 53); Early Journalism in Nova Scotia (p. 91); Kings College and Episcopate in Nova Scotia (p. 123); Notes on the Early History of St. George's Church, Halifax (p. 137).
- Collections of the Nova Scotia Historical Society, Volume 9 (1893-95), Volume 10 (1896-98). Volume 9 includes : The Voyages and Discoveries of the Cabots (p. 17); A Chapter in the History of the Township of Onslow, N. S. (p. 39); Richard John Uniacke (p. 73); Ships of War Lost on the Coast of Nova Scotia and Sable Island during the Eighteenth Century (p. 119); Louisbourg : An Historical Sketch (p. 137); General Index to Papers Printed in Collections (p. 205). Volume 10 features : The Slave in Canada (p. 1).
Back to GenealogySearch.org Main Page
Back to Genealogy Free Stuff
Back to Free Books Online
Back to Free Canadian History and Genealogy Books Online